Friday, September 28, 2007

Thank you, LL & EU, we love VAT

I just received an email from Second Life. They are telling me I'll pay VAT according to my country's laws because I am from EU. Btw, Romania, witch is the country I live in has a VAT of 19%. So, this new law will be an earthquake in SL. Most of the business will fall for sure.

If a region is 1675 USD now, I will need 1993 USD from now on to buy one ;) Isn't it great ?
Oh, an the monthly tier, wich is 295 USD now, will be 351 USD now. Yes, that's what I wished for :|

So, this new thing will make EU citizens to have more chances to fail in their second business then the non-EU citizens. To add, even in EU, VAT varies from country to country as we can see here.

So, my guess is that the unbalanced taxes will result in unbalanced competition. Maybe LL need to offer some discount to EU users ?

No comments: