Sunday, September 30, 2007

SecondLife Exodus

I invested in SecondLife, I invested a lot considering the country I live in. Here, in Romania, the medium salary is aprox. 220 euroa which is 300 USD. I saw SecondLife as an opportunity to make some money and find some friends. I succeeded in both. From now on ... i don't know.
It will be hard for us, the european citizens to compete in such a bad competition medium. 19% is a lot. But some countries have a VAT of 26% ... so it can be worse.
And, the bad thing is that the Exodus began. I don't know about the mainland I'm sure that the exodus started there too. It's so simple to observe it. You just need to read the "Land Sales and Rentals" Forum. Post with names like "Time to check out, SIM for sale" can help you to make an idea over whats is happening in this moment.
It may sound complicated, but it is real simple. Europeans are doomed.
After Linden Labs introduced VAT, some europeans will leave, some will stay. The ones leaving will sell the land they have in SecondLife, and this will make the land price drop while the maintenance fees are rising. The remaing euopeans will try to raise the prices also, in order to cover the costs and this may be their last moove because non-eu citizens will not raise the rent or tier fees.
Many will loose money. I don't know what will happen to myself, I just hope for a miracle or something :(

2 comments:

ChrischunFassbinder said...

For those that have to pay Value Added Tax, the ability to pay in L$, to a landlord, still exists as user to user transactions are not taxed and would be difficult to do such a thing. Perhaps this explains the increased activity on LindeX and other currency exchanges.

Ciprian Neculai said...

You're right, but I'm a landlord and I didn't raised the fees ...